What is Polyandry?
There are a few types of relationships- monogamous, polygamous, homosexual and heterosexual. You should be able to love however you want. But there is a rare mating system that is not talked about often. It falls under the polygamous category. It’s called polyandry.
*There is no universal way of expressing love. My wish for the world is to be shamelessly YOURSELF. Keep in mind unless it’s your children that you’re obligated to, what others expect from you is for THEIR comfort, not yours.
Poly is a Greek term for “many.” A polyamourous relationship is a relationship with many, or more than one person. Andros is a Greek term for “men. So what is polyandry? Polyandry means “many men.” So a polyandrous relationship is a relationship with one woman and multiple men.
Do a lot of people reject this idea because it’s simply not for them or because society told them to reject it?
*Did you know the purpose of the penis head is to pump out previous lovers’ semen? The mushroom tip shape is designed to scoop out previously deposited semen. Check out the study here.
Why is this a rare mating system? Well, probably because society confuse a mans protective instincts with being territorial. It’s a huge misconception that a man can’t protect “what’s theirs” without oppressing them. And when we are told this long and often enough, we start to expect that from men and allow men to act this way.
I’m not suggesting that a man wanting monogamy is a bad thing. There’s a lot of people who prefer monogamy and that’s ok. I’m not suggesting men are bad people either. We love men. I’m suggesting that historically, women have been oppressed and most societies subconsciously reject the idea and history of women having multiple male partners.
There’s nothing wrong with a woman who has multiple partners just like there’s nothing wrong with men with multiple female partners. It works for a lot of people. In fact, polyandry is more common throughout history than we think. In some cultures, a husband might look for a second husband himself in order to protect his wife and family while he’s absent.
There are actually a few benefits to polyandry. The family financial burden is not only on one man but distributed evenly among husbands and keeps the population under control. The fathers also claimed children within the marriage equally. The Himalayan mountains are a great example of that. Because of its geography, tribes within the mountains have very limited resources. Polyandry economically makes more sense there.
The men also share the woman sexually.
There are a handful of myths when it comes to relationships involving multiple people including:
- It’s all about sex. Being in a poly relationship IS NOT about sex. It is about partnership and commitment just like monogamous relationships. Even monogamous people find multiple people sexy but don’t act on it.
- It prevents cheating. NO IT DOES NOT. A cheater is a cheater. You can still cheat in a poly relationship by sleeping with people outside of the relationship without your partner(s) consent.
- Orgies happen all of the time. Absolutely not. It happens, yes but having sex with more than one person at once is not always desired.
- Poly people are more at risk for STDs. Not true at all. Poly people are extra careful when it comes to safe sex. Safe sex is safe sex.
Here are some areas where it is still an active practice.
- Nepal. Landlocked and located in the South Asian Himalayas. It was officially banned in 1963 but the tribes insist on keeping up with the polyandry traditions despite the law. Popular with mostly north eastern tribes such as Sherpa, Newbie and Bhote tribes.
- Kenya. In the Massai tribe in Kenya, when a woman marries a man, she marries the entire family. To ensure survival of babies, the man lets his wife sleep with male family members who are younger and more fit.
In 2013, two Kenyan men were madly in love with a Kenyan woman and agreed to both marry her. Kenyan law does not strictly forbid poly marriages so nothing can stop them!
- China. Tibet is an autonomous region of China. Even though it was outlawed in 1981, Tibetans still believe a child can have more than one father and it’s still practiced in some rural areas today. Most poor families preferred this method.
- India. In the BC years, the Pandavas were five brothers who married a stunning woman named Draupadi who was the daughter of a King named Panchala. Multiple tribes in Northern India still carry on with this tradition. The people of Kinnaur and Koda tribes practice it today.
Historically, polyandry is way more common than people think.
Fellas, would you share your woman with other men? Is this just a kink or just economically smarter? Why is this the least popular option for relationships?
Would you try a MMF 3sum?
What is polyandry
Initially, you are captivated by the vibrant colors of Relm’s work. The more you look into her art, the deeper in the realm you go. Looking at her work is sinking into a world of surrealism- where the more you analyze, the more captivating things you notice. Let’s jump into the world of Relm Art.
Hookup culture may seem pretty new and rampant these days because we are loud about it and the naysayers don’t like it. They do have a point though. Casual sex can be confusing, risky and hurtful. It can mess with people’s self esteem and self worth. But that’s because people are doing it very wrong.
We love them ALL. So this week is a week of the hottest MALE live webcam hotties…. Because they’re disorderly hot too. Get these hot men nude