These Bizarre sex acts have nothing on today’s world.
For example, if someone made you decide between having sex or getting murdered, which would you choose?
Yup, many people found themselves in that situation back in the day because it was one of the crazy sex acts that were once considered normal.
Do not be fooled by the prudish elderly, the “noble” historic figures and fairy tales of the past. There are many unusual sex acts that history books will never mention. That’s where I step in.
So be shameless in a world where sex is shamed because your urges and curiosities are nothing new. To prove this, this blog will never get off the necks of our ancestors about their past sexual behaviors. In fact, most of the things they did were straight up WEIRD and SHOCKING. Some of their practices I wish to revive, some ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Have Sex Or Else You’d Be Murdered
Using Sweat As Lube
- Sweat Fan clubs. Gladiators in Ancient Rome were top of the line celebrities in their day. People were obsessed with them. After a show or a fight, a tool was used to scrape the sweat off their body into a bottle. Ancient roman gladiator fans would buy sweat of the athletes and used it as an aphrodisiac and lubricant. A lot of female fans also used hairpins and jewelry dipped in gladiator blood. Sometimes they added the fluids to their beauty creams.
- Heavy petting parties. Back in the 1920s, any form of physical touch between man and woman was frowned upon. They saw it as dangerous and morally fucked up- even cuddling! Yes, cuddling. Cuddling were just as wrong as sex to society. So underground heavy petting parties were hosted so young men and women can do some light sexual exploration. There was no penetration, only fondling, kissing, touching …. and cuddling!
Leech On Vagina
- Leeches. The one of the most bizarre sex acts I have seen. Despite the fact that virginity was highly regarded in many societies, we were still having sex. Because of this high regard, women in the medieval times went to the extremes to pass as virgins. They would place a leech on their labia the night before their wedding night. Leeches increased blood flow in that area creating crust. The crust constricted the space in the vagina, creating the illusion of virginity. It also caused bleeding because bleeding was expected by husbands on their first night together.
Have Sex Or Else You’d Be Murdered
- Roman Bacchanalia. Orgies thrown on this rebirthing holiday in March were probably the wildest recorded in history. This festival celebrated Bacchus- the god of freedom, wine and sex. Substances were encouraged to induce a trance like state. These parties mostly consisted of high social ranking people. If you did not participate in sexual activity, you were dead! They were violent, extremely drunk, married people slept with others and people have lost their innocence during these parties. Sounds fun and terrifying at the same time.
Semen For Good Luck
- Jacking off into the Nile. It was actually not uncommon for ancient Egyptians to practice crazy sex acts. They were sexually liberated- even the women. The Nile River was very important to ancient Egyptians. The river provided food, water and transportation. It was the center of their lives. The ancient Egyptians believed ejaculating into the Nile River ensured wealth and water to their crops. They believed it was their token of fertility. Semen fish anyone?
I don’t remember any of these unusual sex acts my college history classes. There are some shocking sex rituals that are still practiced TODAY.
If you find that shocking, check out the historical sex scandals.