Hollywood was never STRAIGHT edge… here are some bisexuals of the Hollywood golden era.
The 1930s to the 1960s were considered Hollywood’s most golden years. These are the years where our favorite classic movies such as Gone With the Wind and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes were born. Our favorite iconic actors and actresses were at their peak during this time as well. Everything was glamorous, dignified and clean…. Right? Well, not exactly. These glamorous ages were sometimes more scandalous than what happens in modern Hollywood. One of the many taboos back then was practicing anything but heterosexual monogamy. Turns out, there were bisexuals of the Hollywood golden era.
Here are 6 iconic bisexuals of the Hollywood golden era….a few of our Hollywood favorites that not only swung BOTH WAYS but had many partners at a time.
- Marilyn Monroe. Hollywood’s favorite sex symbol till this day was actually not the man eating woman most people think she was. Behind closed doors, Marilyn was much brighter than she portrayed herself on screen and some suggests that she actually preferred sex with women over men. In fact, Marilyn said herself she never orgasmed with a man.
She slept with many women but a few stuck out. She had a fling with Joan Crawford. Joan wanted another round with her but Marilyn turned her down. Joan then became very spiteful towards Marilyn. She also hooked up with Elizabeth Taylor who described Marilyn’s touch as “electric” during their one time hook up. Marilyn also had an affair with a TEEN GIRL named Jane Lawrence, who was the head of Marilyn’s fan club.
- Joan Crawford. Joan Crawford had the same insatiable appetite for both men and women as she did for her career. She had no problem sleeping her way to the top and had a shameless passion for bisexual men and kinky sex. 3 out of 5 of her husbands were bisexual men. She even tried to seduce openly gay Rock Hudson by telling him “Close your eyes and pretend I’m Clark Gable.”
Joan slept with many of Hollywood’s male finest such as Jeff Chandler, Dana Andrews and Kirk Douglas. Her many lesbian affairs includes Marilyn Monroe and Marlene Dietrich.
Joan had to pay $100,000 to stop a lesbian porno of her being released.
- Clark Gable. The Gone With the Wind star was one of Hollywood’s biggest playboys. He was married 5 times but kept up his reputation as a womanizer during those unions. He had affairs with just about anyone he shared a screen with. This was probably due to his father calling him names such as “sissy.” Gable adopted his “macho” womanizing ways to prove his daddy wrong.
Clark was also named “The King of Hollywood” at some point. Probably because he slept with men to get his way to the top even though he was publicly homophobic to once again prove daddy wrong.
- Richard Pryor. Richard was open about his sexuality. He was married 7 times to different women, openly dated transgenders and had an affair with a Hollywood legend and playboy, Marlon Brando.
Richard was a legend himself. A few noteworthy moments of his- he was the first black person to host the Academy Awards, co-wrote Blazing Saddles and was paid more money than Christopher Reeve in a Superman movie.
Possibly, his many short lived love affairs has something to do with his troubled childhood. He was born in a brothel and sexually abused by male adults.
- Marlon Brando. Marlon is our personal favorite of the Hollywood golden era. Not only was he a legend in films such as The Godfather, he was a legend between the sheets. He had many affairs with both men and women such as Richard Pryor, James Dean, Rita Moreno, Shelly Winters and more. He was married 4 times and fathered up to 17 children.
Marlon had no shame about it. He admitted he did sexual favors for a man named John Gielgud because he helped him with his movie roles. He also stated “Homosexuality is so much in fashion, it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences, and I am not ashamed. I have never paid much attention to what people think about me.”
Quincy Jones stated about Marlon: “Brando would fuck anything. Anything! He’d f*ck a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.”
- Marlene Dietrich. Marlene was a glamorous androgynous actress who attracted both men and women like flies. A film critic names Kenneth Tynan wrote, “She has sex but no positive gender. Her masculinity appeals to women and her sexuality to men.”
Her unique style and her roles of playing loose women in films made her Hollywood’s sex kitten. She was a huge fan of the Berlin drag scene in the 1920s and contributed most of her time and energy to aid American troops.
“Sex: In America an obsession. In other parts of the world, a fact.”- Marlene Dietrich
So once again on this blog, we learn that the grannies and great grannies today weren’t so innocent. In fact, most of the time, the Hollywood golden era put the current generation to shame!
What do you think? Are you surprised by these bisexuals of the Hollywood golden era? What other naughty things were they doing back then?
Is your relationship in trouble? Then please disregard this blog entry. Threesomes ARE NOT for fixing your relationship problems. A threesome (adding another person-including a baby but I digress) only AMPLIFIES your relationship problems. Read something else.
Premature ejaculation.. Want to play 7 seconds in heaven??? Wait….. It’s 7 MINUTES in heaven?? Well if you’re experiencing premature ejaculation, we have to read on…
History is frequently lied about which is why I am so passionate about sexuality and art. Sexuality and art are forms of truthful human expression, in my opinion and you can find it anywhere in history. It is widely believed that gender fluidity is only a recent phenomenon. But sexuality and art from the past says otherwise. It goes way back.